The Aragon Institute for Engineering Research (I3A) is looking for talented postdoctoral researchers to apply for Marie Sklodowska-Curie (MSCA) Postdoctoral Fellowships Promising candidates will be supported and guided in preparation of his/her application with I3A and University of Zaragoza (Unizar) as host institution.
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) are prestigious European-funded positions that support those who wish to undertake research activities abroad, acquire new skills and develop their careers. Funding covers a highly competitive salary and benefits (mobility and family allowances), as well as research costs.
Types of Postdoctoral Fellowship
There are 2 types of Postdoctoral Fellowships:
European Fellowships (EF):
- Held in the EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country (EU – MS / AC)
- Open to researchers either coming to Europe or moving within Europe
- Researchers of any nationality can apply
- Duration of the projects financed in the EF ranges from 12 to 24 months
Global Fellowships (GF):
- Are composed of two phases:
- An outgoing phase to a Third Country (TC) outside Europe (i.e. non-MS / AC)
- A mandatory return phase to a EU MS / AC that will happen afterwards
- Open to researchers moving towards the TC from anywhere (Europe or otherwise) as long as they return to Europe in the return phase
- Duration of the projects financed in the GF is 24 to 36 months (12 – 24 outgoing phase + 12 months final European phase)
Both types of fellowships may also include short-term secondments anywhere in the world during the fellowship (except during the return phase of a Global Fellowship).
In an effort to build bridges between the academic and non-academic sector, researchers can receive additional support to carry out a placement of up to 6 months in a non-academic organisation based in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country. This placement needs to take place at the end of their fellowship.
Who can apply?
- Promising researchers (PhD holders) from anywhere in the world: all nationalities can apply. PhD should be obtained by the time of the deadline, maximum 8 years of postdoc experience
- Mobility is a must: you have to come to Europe, move within Europe or move outside of Europe.
- All areas of research.
The grant provides an allowance to cover your living, travel and family costs. The research costs and overhead of the host institution(s) are also supported.
13 September 2023
Support for applicants
The European Projects Officer of the I3A will assist MSCA-PF Supervisors and applicants throughout the entire process of proposal preparation:
- Advice on the rules and technical aspects of the MSCA-PF- call
- Guidance on the procedures involved in the preparation phase and the submission
- Gathering of institutional information
- Proposal review service (excellence, impact and implementation): Internal deadline:15/07/ 2023
All relevant documents are available for each call on the Funding and Tender Opportunities Portal, including:
Why I3A? Why Zaragoza?
The I3A has a real international vocation
Structured in more than 30 Research groups
Four research areas of the I3A, at number one in Spain in the EduRank ranking
The first research institute created by University of Zaragoza
Great geographical location: Zaragoza is a little over an hour by train to Madrid and Barcelona, and very close to the Pyrenees. Nature and adventure!
2nd Spanish city with the best quality of life: Reasons to choose Zaragoza